Cerro San Sebastian
After getting turned down by the rainy Volcán Villarrica, I headed to the second of the two parks surrounding Pucon, Parque Huerquehue, to climb up Cerro San Sebastian.

Most visitors go to Parque Huerquehue, limited on time, elect to hike around the famous reflective lakes in place of Cerro San Sebastian. The entire day that I was hiking I did not see one person beyond the Park Guard at the entrance when I got off the bus.

In fact, over the course of the entire day, these tracks were the only sign of life that I found.

At snow-line, the tall lenga trees opened up, and I got an incredible view of the three volcanoes in the other park. Volcán Villarrica is the farthest to the right.


However, the surrounding area was even more incredible than the view of the volcanoes. Beyond colder temperatures and cloudier days, I still haven't seen much sign of fall in Valparaíso, but the colors on Cerro Sebastian could give Vermont some good competition.

At the peak I feasted on the only food I had remembered to bring and took a long sunny siesta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lemme know